Day 9 - Hawks Nest to Wyong (152kms)

I have to apologise in advance for last nights blog post... I was literally falling asleep while I was typing and did not proof read before publishing. I have still not read it through, so it will be a good laugh for me in a couple of days time. :)

Me peddling into Wyong alongside the womans Specialized ambassador.

Me peddling into Wyong alongside the womans Specialized ambassador.

its now getting to the back end of the tour and emotions are running high as we get closer to Sydney. We know that family and friends are going to be waiting there to see us arrive and I just cant wait to see my little family now!

Stephanie, Natalie (Stephanie's Sister) and Harvey are all in Sydney waiting for us to arrive tomorrow. They have been out doing some shopping today.

Harvey's first trip to Sydney.

Harvey's first trip to Sydney.

After an amazing sunrise in Hawks Nest, we watched the dolphins playing in the sea. This is a truely beautiful place to visit and I have now added it to my list of places to come back to.

I cant believe how lucky we are to live in such a picturesque part of the world.

My peloton today was taking a slightly different route to the other 4 pelotons. We had been invited to visit the Belmont Sailing Club for lunch and receive a $5,000 cheque for Tour de Cure.

It was such a pretty place to stop and fill our belly's.

Our view from our lunch table

Our view from our lunch table

There was one disappointment with this being an intermediate stop for us. The manager of the sailing club greeted us on our arrival and told us that lunch was ready to go and that there was an open bar available for us. If only this had been our final stop for the day!

We still had 50kms to get to Wyong, so I opted for a cranberry & lemonade... :)

We were planned on having an early arrival today so that we could enjoy some down time and maybe have a swim in the pool where we are staying. The whole group was happy to push the pace a bit harder to get everyone home on-time. A really good social session off the bike is very much appreciated at this stage of the tour. There are lots of hurting bodies around.

I cant really complain about the view from bedroom either.

We now have all the helmets that the kids along the way have designed for us for 2016.

Great job and congratulations to these creative minds! 

We have had an amazing time over the last 9 days on tour. Its certainly had its ups and downs in more ways than one, but non the less, it has been fantastic. There are so many people to thank for all their hard work in making these tours run as smoothly as they do. I have no idea how it happens, but it does. The logistics team are an amazing group of people to be around and to work with. Without these guys, there would be no tour at all. 

Thank you for all your hard work team!!!

Tomorrow is our final day of Signature Tour for 2016. It feels like its taken months to get to this point, but it also feels like it was yesterday that we were rolling out of Brisbane for day one. 

Im going to leave you with a bunch of photos from tour now. I will get around to uploading plenty more when I get home to Brisbane.

Lastly, great news! My fundraising tally has gone up! I am sitting on $14,895.70.

Thank you all for your support. It really is amazing the amount of support I have. The money is going to an exceptionally good cause and will be spent very wisely to help find a cure.

Please share this blog to anyone you think might be interested in supporting me on my journey.

Good night! :)